Sunday 3 June 2012

Absentee and Current Favourites.

Hello there! I am back, after much time off (3 months I think) I have come back to my blog. I was finding that I was running out of things to talk about and spending a load of money on things, just so I had something too write about, even if I didn't really need them. So now I have had some time to save and get some new products that I actually needed rather than just because. I also cancelled all beauty box subscriptions as I found I was using them less and less and just ending up with a bunch of things I didn't really need, or things I did need in the wrong colour (which ticked me off something awful). Today's post is going back to basics and just outlining my current favourites (some old, some new).


These products are in my everyday makeup bag that is kept in my handbag. I always start off by cleaning my face with 'Yes to Cucumbers' cleansing wipes before applying my foundation. Rimmel's Stay Matte has become my new favourite range as I find it to be light weight but still maintains an even and medium coverage (depending on how much you apply) I use a minimal amount and am currently applying it just with my fingers, mainly due to my lack of clean foundation brushes at the moment (I am currently moving and cleaning brushes is the least of my worries right now) It spreads evenly and easily over the face, although this particular colour '200 Soft Beige' is a little dark, ever so slightly and barely noticeable unless under very close inspection. What drew me to the Stay Matte range was the fact that it is talc, paraben and fragrance free and used chamomile, cucumber and cotton to naturally reduce shine. I feel that this product teamed with the Stay Matte pressed powder in '001 Transparent' really help to cut back shine, while leaving my base feeling light weight and fresh for the most part of the day. The only criticism for the powder would be the packaging. The lid easily falls off as the twist lid design is pretty poor, which is a bit disappointing, but won't discourage me from using it everyday. I use the EcoTools mini buff kabuki too apply my powder all over my face after applying Garniers Roll on Anti Dark Circles in Light under my eyes to hide any dark circles and sometimes to my eyelids and under my brow if they are looking particularly veiny. Depending on where I am going I appy a quick stroke of Bourjois blush in '03 Brun Cuivre' to my cheek bones and apples with the mini brush provided. This blush is a really light nude peach with shimmer and gives a natural slightly bronze glow. As mentioned by a few others, the blush itself is quite hard and can sometimes take a lot of brush swirling to achieve the desired result. The packaging is very suitable, with mini brush and small mirror in the lid and makes it easy to quickly touch up. Now for the eyes, I keep it pretty simple, a few coats of Revlon's Grow Luscious waterproof mascara in '821 Blackest Black' and a stroke of Mirenesse's Tight Liner in 'Caviar Black'. Grow Luscious mascara has the BIGGEST brush I have ever used before, and I was a bit intimidated the first time I used it, after a few tries I figured out how to get the product on my eye lashes rather than my eyelids, haha. I have fallen in love with the bigger brush now, although I have quite short lashes, this brush gives them the lift and extensive coating they need too widen and brighten my eyes. As far as the packaging claims 'longer, stronger lashes' I can not comment on that yet, as I haven't really been using this one for that long. I love the look it gives me now, and if it just happens to make my lashes 'grow' then that's a double thumbs up. I received the Mirenesse liner after finding a coupon in one of my beauty boxes a while ago. As soon as I used it, I fell in love. I will never use another eye liner again! It is so simple to apply, never messy and always perfect the first time. The felt tip makes precision lines and instead of taking the 5 minutes for each eye as I used to, I take about 3 seconds for each. I can not say enough amazing things about this liner! Last but not least, 1SkinSolution lipbalm in vanilla. I recieved this lipbalm in my March Lust Have It and didn't think much of it, as we had been getting soo many lipbalms from all the different beauty boxes. After losing my last lipbalm to my husband who decided that he needed it in his car more than I did in my handbag, I tried out a few from the boxes. 1Skin lipbalm has become my absolute favourite. You only need one swipe on the bottom lip and after rubbing your lips together, it remains on your lips for hours. It's so moisturising, not to mention it smells great.

So that's it, my daily wears. A pretty long post. but I did say I had some new products! Hopefully I can keep updating regularly again. I have decided it might be nice to do some reviews on older products that I own and have re-purchased multiple times. So stay tuned x

No comments:

Post a Comment