Monday 9 July 2012

Face Care Routine

(Photo's taken on my iphone, as we are moving in to our new home at the moment and I seem to have packed my camera cord away, sadly)

I have re-done this post SO many times now, every few months my routine seems to change because I find new products and fall in love with them so quickly, which is not always a good thing. Half the time I don't see a change in my skin's condition and just love the feel or the scent of a product, this time, things are a little different.

As I posted a few weeks ago now, I received the Priceline skincare goodie bag. To receive this I purchased for myself Yes To Cucumber daily wipes, Yes To Cucumber daily face cleanser and Innoxa Super Sensitive toner. In the bag I received Witch blemish stick and Sukin facial moisturiser. These products along with St Ives Apricot daily scrub make up my new face care routine.

In the shower:
I first wash my face with Yes To Cucumbers daily face cleanser (if I have managed to remember I usually take my make up off first with the daily wipes) using the clean pod I received with my L'Oreal facial cleanser a while ago. The cleanser is a translucent green liquid with no ex-foliating beads, I usually squeeze a little on to the pod and then rub my entire face with it. The scent is mild and smells pretty much like cucumbers. Once a week I use St Ives Apricot daily scrub. They call this one a daily scrub but I find it far too harsh to use daily. It is full of crushed walnut shells and is quite gritty against the skin, almost as if you are rubbing sand on your face. I like to use this one to rid my face of dead skin cells and really give my pores a deep clean and I only ever apply it with my hands.

Out of the shower:
I first tone with Innoxa's super sensitive toner and a swissper pad. This gets rid of anything the cleanser or scrub may of missed and usually the pad comes away relatively clean, always a good sign (This always depends on whether I have taken my make up off before the shower or not). I then apply Witch's blemish stick to all my spots which as usually on my fore head, around my nose and on my chin, and then apply Sukin's natural facial moisturiser (which has the gorgeous scent of orange and lavender) to the rest of my face, avoiding the blemished areas. The Witch stick is a small blue stick in a push up container, almost a wider version of lipbalm that you literally just rub on your blemishes. It can sting a little sometimes, but seems to help with the dissapearence of blemishes.

Before I changed my routine to the above, my face was covered in spots and blemishes (which is really unusual for me, I usually have really clear skin, so I put it down to the products I was using, along with the pregnancy) and now, after a few weeks, my face is pretty well clear. I can't attribute my clear skin to just one of these products as I started using them all at the same time, but I can say that they are all great and my skin is thanking them all greatly. Most of the products I use are natural and nasty free. I am very happy with this routine as I have actually seen the results and happy skin! I won't be changing this one up for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment