Friday 10 August 2012

How I use Lush's Jungle solid conditioner bar.

Lush is known world wide for their amazing all natural products and being environmentally friendly, especially with their non packaged shampoo and conditioner bars. Currently I am using Karma Komba shampoo and Jungle conditioner, see here for me review on both of these products.

As I said in my review, Jungle is a much harder bar, and does not 'rub' as well directly on hair or between my hands. As suggested by many forums, I tried breaking a little off each shower and melting it in to my palms before rubbing it on to my hair. I ended up with more product in the breaking and melting process on the floor than I did in my hair, it really was not working for me. So I decided to give something else a go that I had seen on youtube a long time ago. I sliced a little chunk off of the bar, chopped it up and placed it in an old H'Suan Wen Hua hair treatment container and added enough hot water to cover the chunks, gave it a little shake and left it over night. The next day I had a liquidy conditioner that I could apply with ease.

I have found that using boiling water from a kettle, enough to cover the chunks and then shaking until they are all melted and leaving to set gives the best consistency, because air bubbles are created and form after shaking and leave it feeling thick and mousey. Remember, never melt down the whole bar at once, because the preservatives used are meant to be for the solid bar, and your conditioner may go off otherwise. I make enough each time of 2 - 3 washes as I was my hair every 2 - 3 days, so it is never sitting longer than 2 weeks.

Are there any other fancy tricks out there? Have you tried solid shampoo and conditioner before?

No comments:

Post a Comment