Sunday 12 August 2012

La Riche, Directions hair colour.

As mentioned in my post, Haircut Horror Stories and New Haircut Ideas, I get bored with my hair very easily and am always looking for something new and exciting to do with my hair. Being pregnant means cutting back on using harsh chemicals to colour my hair, as when colouring my roots, the chemicals can travel through my scalp in to my blood stream, harming my baby. There are inconclusive tests as to whether this is actually harmful to bubs or not, but I am not willing to take that chance.
As I can not bear to think of getting my hair cut at this time, as finally my hair is at a better length, I decided I would add some colour to it. I chose to colour my hair with La Riche Directions, as I used this brand in Midnight Blue for my 'something blue' streak at my wedding in February.

PROS
  • Comes in a huge range of colours
  • Plant based, so no harsh chemicals
  • Low scent, no harsh smells
  • Vegan 
  • No Animal Testing
  • Vibrant colour that doesn't fade fast (5 - 6 weeks of colour)
  • Gives hair shine
  • No give off of colour on your hands when heat is used to style the hair
  • Cheaper than others (I bought two pots for under $20 AUS, including postage)
  • Comes in 88ml pot, easier to use, lots of product.
  • Adds colour highlights to dark hair

CONS
  • Not sold in Australia, have to buy on eBay
  • Waiting time, can't make split second decision to colour hair(Usually comes within two weeks depending on seller) 
So far I have tried Dark Tulip, Midnight Blue and Rubine, as shown below. 
In comparison to it's competitors sold in Adelaide, La Riche takes the cake every time. I have found that colours from Fudge and Renbow Crazy Colors seem to fade with washing quite quickly, leaving your hair looking faded after a week or two. They also tend to give off colour on to my hands after using heat styling, which is really quite annoying. The biggest thing for me would be their price, these products have so many cons, yet charge at least $18 per 75ml tube (Fudge). Renbow charge about the same for a 100ml bottle, but the staying power is the same as fudge, it fades quickly and is not worth the money if you are wanting coloured hair for long periods of time.

I completely recommend La Riche Directions, if you can wait the extra two weeks. For me, the wait is worth it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment