Wednesday 22 August 2012

Schick Hydro Silk Razor Review



When it comes to hair removal I can get pretty lazy because let’s face it, how boring is shaving your legs! I have very sensitive skin, especially on my legs, and am allergic to soap, so most razors out there don't really suit my needs. I have tried waxing cream, wax and a tonne of different razors and all have left my skin irritated and red. After reading Jess's review on the Schick Hydro Silk I was quite excited to try it out, as it seemed to have some great properties such as the easily melted serum which is dermalogically tested and the 5 curve sensing blades. I was lucky enough to receive Hydro Silk before it hit selves for a test run. The pack came with the Schick Hydro Silk handle with razor attached, a spare razor head and a small wall mount with suction cup.

Since falling pregnant shaving my legs has been my last priority, I put this razor to the test on my au natural legs!
The first thing I noticed about this razor was the handle, it is a gorgeous blue, and very easy to hold as the wide end fits perfectly in your hand and is not slippery at all. I did some research and could not find out whether the serum contained soap, so I just gave it a go, and was delightfully impressed. With a few seconds under the water and the serum was ready to go, and made the shaving experience beautiful, no extra shaving creams were needed. And most importantly, I did not come up with any sort of rash, I was thrilled! As I headed up my legs towards my knees, I got a little nervous, as I always do with razors. I always end up with small knicks on my knees that sting for days, but not this time! The curve sensing blades pulled through and no blood was shed! I am amazed at how well these blades worked, even though I had two full legs of hair, it took next to no time to shave them perfectly, and I didn’t even have to go back over the same spot repeatedly like I do with other razors I have tried.

Overall this has been the best hair removal experience I have had in my many years on the search for something that doesn’t irritate my sensitive legs. I will definitely be re-purchasing the Schick Hydro Silk when it hits the shelves. I am so grateful I was able to try this razor out, as I know I would have over looked it in stores, because in the past razors just haven’t worked for me. Last but not least a big thank you to Schick for creating such a wonderful and easy to use razor! And Jess for the opportunity to try out such a great product!

No comments:

Post a Comment