Thursday 22 December 2011

December's Glossybox


This month Glossyboxes theme was 'haircare' which I was pretty excited about before I got my box as my hair is always unruly and frizzy. Having those two key things listed on my beauty profile, I expected some sort of anti-frizz serum. My box took a lot longer to come than a lot of other peoples and I had already looked at the spoilers online, seeing the anti-frizz serum and hoping I would received it. Nope.. instead I received a strange box that I am really not happy with, making my decision to cancel my subscription and sign up for a completely new box - bella box. So lets see how that goes in the new year. I have heard great things about them and just by looking at the packaging and the brands, they look like they are more up my alley. Anyhow, here's what I thought about this months products in Glossybox.

I don't use hair products aside from anit-frizz serums, because most things just make my hair really grease and look terrible, this product is no different. The packaging says perfect for hair hair lengths.. I disagree.. I have fairly short almost to shoulder length hair.. and all this did was make my hair look greasy and stay in place when I pushed my fringe back. Disgusting. It is gloopy and sticky and feel horrid. Forbidden Euphoria by Calvin Klein scent is described as 'a tantalising top aroma of fruits such as sparkling mandarin. Also expects wafts of pink peony floral bouquets with touch of musks and cashmere wood.' Musk and cashmere wood at great scents and I actually don't mind this perfume. Great that it comes in a mini spray bottle for easy wear and can easily be put in a purse when going out. Apparently Glossybox decided not to use the beauty profiles this month as there were countless complaints about dark haired people like myself receiving this  John Frieda Go Blonder Spray. Not going to say anymore other than, I emailed them and apparently they are sending a replacement gift. I personally think this Clinique Turnaround Overnight Radiance Moisturizer smells like old crayons, even though it says fragrance free.. Just as a general rule, I will always pick fragranced over fragrance free creams, because usually (prime example being this cream) when they are fragrance free they usually smell really terrible and unappealing. Not sure if I really want my face to smell like old crayons, so I haven't got the confidence to try this yet. I am not really one to wear lip stick or use lip liner but I guess it is a good thing to have. Would have much preferred a nude colour instead of Premiere, a reddy colour in Gorgeous Cosmetics Lip Pencil, but oh well. It goes on very easily and is creamy which is great. But yeah, don't see this one being used much at all.

Anyhow, like I said before I have now canceled my Glossybox subscription and moved on to bella box, so lets hope better things happen in the new year.

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree.. I'm waiting to see what this months box is like otherwise I will be unsubscribing too.. I got the blonde spray for a brunette.. a broken candy cane.. and that crappy bed head stuff.. will see how long I last with them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I am going to look it up when i comes out, they called me and tried to convince me to come back because this months box was going to be amazing.. lol so i am waiting to see how amazing it is.. haha. have had no other issues with the other boxes so far. bella box is so great. so many new and natural/organic brands to try out. good luck with them x

      Delete