Wednesday 21 December 2011

Wedding Makeup

 Swatches from top to bottom: Loreal BaseMagique Primer, Hello Kitty Bronzer in Pashmina Ambre #06, Bourjois Healthy Mix Gel Foundation in Vanilla #52, Loreal Touche Magique True Match Concealer in Natural Beige #03

A few days ago I found out that if you have SPF/shimmer in your foundation, concealer etc, the reflections will bounce back from a camera flash and cause you to have what I like to call 'the dreaded ghost face'. I spent the entire day yesterday researching what foundation and concealers don't contain any SPF/shimmer so that in my wedding photos I don't have a case of 'the dreaded ghost face'. Finally I came to the conclusion of these four great products. The L'Oreal Base Magique primer is amazing and tops any primer I have used in the past. It smoothes my skin out perfectly and feels almost like velvet. I concentrate on places I get oily the most which is generally my t-zone. The Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation is by far one of the best foundations I have used and it pretty well matches my skin perfectly. It is a light - medium coverage foundation and quite long lasting. It feels like and even after wearing it for a whole day when it was 37 degrees, I didn't feel like my face was sliding off. I did have to apply some more powder to my more oily areas, but that is to be expected. The second L'Oreal product I bought, Touche Magique concealer is gorgeous. Not only is the packaging really neat and handy, it glides on and blends in beautifully, covering all those little imperfections like dark eye circles and red blemishes. Hello Kitty Bronzer is just the cutest thing, my fiancée actually seen this and wouldn't let me buy anything else (he secretly loves Hello Kitty) so lucky it is very smooth and ever so slightly shimmery. I am doing my own makeup for my wedding so hoping all goes well with the products I have selected.

No comments:

Post a Comment