Sunday 4 December 2011

November's Glossybox


This month I am thoroughly impressed with Glossybox, who were previously beautybox (who I didn’t much care for) The box itself was delivered quite late, having to wait till the 29th of this month to receive my November box, which was rather annoying, but it was really worth the wait. The packaging is gorgeous and far more appealing than ilovethisbox, with the pale baby pink box with black stamp and lined inside with black. I was most impressed with the presentation and the ribbon which is actually long enough to fit around my head as a cute head band. Okay, so moving on to the products.

I love Bio-Oil and have used it for years for my lobes when I was stretching them and also on some stretch marks. Recently I have been using it on some scars I am trying to get rid of before I get married. So very happy to get my hands on some more of this stuff, and in a smaller bottle making it easier to travel with. I am not a fan of the anti ageing creams. I am only 20 and even though they always say that it makes your skin look great and glowy, I don’t believe that at this age I should be trying to ‘de-age’ my already young skin. I do enough cleansing daily for my skin to already be young. I gave Jurlique age defying firm and lift cream to my mum. Was more than thrilled to get LilyLovesPearl gentle facial exfoliant as I am a bit obsessed with clean skin, especially my face. This is a full sized product and comes in a great pump action bottle with the cutest packaging and is more of a gel with small exfoliating beads. LilyLovesPearl is a certified organic brand, which automatically made me fall in love with it. Anything all natural, organic and not tested on animals gets my okay. It smells funny at first until the lime takes over, so it’s a bit zesty. The
 Bobbi Brown cleansing oil
 was something my sister received in her box, but gave to me as she doesn’t use those sort of things. On first smell, I couldn’t smell anything, but now I believe it has a faint lavender smell to it. Feels nice, but not really in to using oils on my face as it makes me feel as thought I am putting more oils on my already oily face, instead of cleansing and getting rid of some of the oils. Works great to get stubborn makeup off of your eyes though as it is so gentle and almost scentless. I’m not really a lipgloss girl as I find they always bring to much colour to my already bright red lips, but upon receiving the colour ‘LA nude’ from Mirenesse 3D Forever I think it has converted me. It looks great on and gives just enough shimmer without looking over bearing. It’s not too sticky, which is another reason I am not a fan of gloss, I’m more of a balm girl. I haven’t got a blue nail polish that I am in love with yet, but Essie Smooth Sailing is really pretty. It is a lilac colour with a slight shimmer. It looks really deminy on and is once again of great quality. Essie is a great brand.

Overall I am so impressed and this has actually swayed me to keep my Glossybox subscription and cancel my ilovethisbox subscription. Loving the full sized products and all the little free gift cards and the discount cards.. Ohh annnd the cream on the cake? We got small packets of yummy pink jelly beans which my fiancee enjoyed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment