Thursday 22 December 2011

December's I Love This Box


So, after receiving my Glossybox in Novemeber, I deleted my subscription to I Love This Box, not expecting to get the December one. By chance I must have paid for the December one before cancelling and got a huge surprise when both Glossybox and I Love This Box turned up on the same day. This months box impressed me, mainly because of all the organic products given. The Christmas theme was also amazing (something that wasn't attempted by Glossybox this month), they gave us each a decoration, coloured packaging, a snow flake pendant and a candy cane. Anyhow, here's what I think about this months products.


The Simply Organic Shampoo and Conditoner travel sized shampoo and conditioner set is just fantastic and I can not wait to try them out. I am a big fan of anything organic and natural so this gets a big thumbs up from me. They smell slightly cirtrusy which I personally find really refreshing in a product. Being very picky with fragrances I personally didn't think I would like Taylor Swift - Wonder struck, as it is described as 'a sparkling surprise of vibrant fruits, kissed by a bouquet of soft petals and a touch of sweet indulgence.' Now all of that sounded far to sweet and flowery for me, but upon trying it, it is actually quite nice but not something i would use regularly. Lip balm is something I can never get enough of. I love lip balm and have since I was a kid, collecting Lip Smackers with a friend. I personally love the Nivea range of balms, but not to pleased with the fact they still test on animals and use animal products in production of their goods. This Simply Organic Lip Balm gets a big thumbs up from me. It is citrusy, just like the shampoo and conditioner, and contains orange oil so smells great. It is not greasy or too thick and doesn't have a great deal of shine to it either. Loving this product!Gatineau Exfoliating body gel is very exfoliating as it contains both bamboo powder and jojobo beads, which most people may consider to harsh. The scent is pretty ordinary and doesn't do much for me. The Adorn face and body bronzer comes in the tiniest packaging I have ever seen and is just the cutest. It is toxin and cruelty free and is also vegan accredited which once again BIG THUMBS UP! I am loving the browns and golden colours recently and this is just another great product to add to my collection. It can also be used as an eye shadow and apparently can be mixed with moisturiser to create a tinted moisturiser, which is pretty cool. All natural and super shimmery, I love it!

Last but not least everyone got one of these cute little snowflakes also from Magnolia. They are sterling silver and just adorable. Mine is already on my everyday necklace.(which I stupidly forgot to take a photo of..)


Overall December's box was great and I was thoroughly impressed by all the organic and natural products I received! Lovely Christmas box with a great Christmasy feel to it!

Merry Christmas Everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment