Sunday 4 December 2011

October BeautyBox

For as long as I can remember, I have been following countless UK beauty blogs and the one thing I was always really envious of (aside from the huge array of amazing clothing stores) was the amount of subscription beauty boxes they had available to them. glossybox, boudoir, feel unique, birch box, and so on. I had been googling endlessly trying to find an Australian version when one day I finally came across beautybox. I instantly subscribed, but was too late for the September box. Finally I received my october box, thrilled I ripped it all open without even thinking about taking photos and so on. Here's what I got anyhow:

Biotherm Aquasource Moisturiser: $59 / 50ml
I love this stuff and have used it ever since I received it. You don't need much to cover your whole face and neck and it feels great when putting it on. It's more like a gel than a cream and my skin always feel really moist after applying it. The only bad thing I would have to mention is the scent, it reminds of male after shave almost.

Calvin Klein (ck one shock for her and for him): $49 / 50ml
The little spray bottles this scent comes in is so great and cute, perfect for travel or in your purse when going to a night club. The her version is a little flowery for me, but still nice. The his version is uh-maze-ing! I sprayed it on my fiancee and oh my gosh, sooo good. We got two little bottles of each and I promised him when they are all finished up I will buy him a full size haha. I love it! He was also really excited to get a little something in my pressie.

Garnier (Body Intensive 7 Days Moisturiser) $6.95 / 400ml
I was a little dissapointed with this product as it come in those annoying plastic/foil packagings which are really the death of me when it comes to samples. I H-A-T-E those little wrappers. Aside from that, it is great and really very moisterising, it also smell really nice too, but is all to familiar with the shea butter and so on. I have far to many hand/body creams with the same smell, it urks me that someone hasn't put in the effort to make it smell different to other products, as scent is a really big thing for me.

John Frieda (Full Repair Full Body Shampoo & Conditioner) $15.99 / 250ml
I had high hopes for this set of shampoo and conditioner. They smelt great and the shampoo really worked well, but the conditioner did not 'spread' as easily as I would have liked. Now I have fairly short hair, barely reaching my shoulders and used half of the little sample in the first wash to cover my hair evenly.. I feel as if, if I was to buy this set, I would need to buy 2 conditioners to my 1 shampoo, AND that's on my short hair.. let alone medium to long hair. Overall it made my hair feel great and shiny but due to the conditioner issue, I don't really know if it would have made a huge impact over time as i could only get two washes in, sadly. Probably wouldn't bother buying the full sizes of this set.

Shiseido (Sheer Matifying Compact Foundation) $66 (refill) + $22 (case) / 13g
First off I'd just like to say I was mortified to see how much this cost haha! The little sample we got was so cute and once again really great for a quick touch up in a night club. It's smooth and creamy and is easy to apply wet or dry. I love when face products contain SPF15 or higher as I am so conscious about skin care and sunburn and the life long troubles that sun can cause for our skin. Over all great product but really way above my price range.

And that was the October BeautyBox, bit delayed I know, but I have been busy designing an entire webpage for AAA Water Tanks (my Step Father-in-law to be's business)

many kisses and hugs
nickyrae

No comments:

Post a Comment